Friday 4 November 2011

But it's a button

Next week is preparation week, and the following is our first week of our new routine. At the moment I am so tired from a busy week of work that I can't imagine having time to sit and be with the boys.


But it doesn't have to be hard.  Last week we were having a challenging day - both boys were a little tired and we were doing that horrible thing where the more I wished they'd play with something the less likely it became.


So I pulled out two containers filled them with rice and some loose buttons and gave one to each boy to rummage through. Mr 3 separated all the buttons and then spent another 20 minutes pouring rice into different containers. Mr 2 ate some rice, found some buttons and then just enjoyed mashing the mix around in his fingers.


Simple and easy and it allowed me time to take a breath, have a cup of tea and watch and enjoy the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment